Training: New User Training
New to ARCHICAD, or new to an ARCHICAD design practice? This course is for you.
This course aims to introduce you to ARCHICAD. A basic level of computer literacy, along with architectural experience is required.
The four-part course is conducted live, using online screen sharing, so you can minimise the time spent away from the office.
Session 01: The Interface and Working Methods
- The Interface Elements and how they work
- Basic Drawing Skills including:
- Using the Tracker / Coordinate Calculator
- Geometry Types
- Using Guidelines
- The Edit Commands
Session 02: Constructing a Virtual Building
- Creating a building using the Project Map
- Modifying the building with the Renovation Tool (where relevant)
- Using the BIM data for 2D documents
- Adding 2D Information
Session 03: Documenting a Virtual Building
- Working with the Navigator
- Saving and organising Views
- Placing Views / creating Layouts
Session 04: Collaborating with others
- Preparing the model for export
- Publishing Layout information
- Exporting BIM data (pdf, dwg, ifc)
Delivery: This course is usually delivered online using a screen sharing service. You (and any other staff) are the only ones in the session, so you can ask questions whenever you like. It's just like a traditional training session - only you don't need to travel anywhere!
Duration: This course is delivered in four, 90-minute sessions over a two week period.
Cost: £490.00+ VAT
Other: Recordings of the sessions are available for reference if required. We can modify course content or number of sessions to suit your needs (for an additional fee). Topics and costs can be confirmed by contacting us.
Bookings: To find out more or sign up for this course, please contact us using the button below. Please include preferred dates and an other information you feel relevant.
Enquire Now →
About our trainers
Our key trainer, Ken Good, has been working with ARCHICAD for nearly 20 years, and in that time has clocked up over 15,000 hours of training. Ken is based in Scotland, but travels throughout the UK to deliver training to some of the country's top architects. Contact Ken via email to discuss your training needs.